Sunday, November 27, 2011

Quick DIY Craft - Takeout Menu Holder

If you're like me, you have lots of takeout menus and don't really have a good place to keep them. I tried keeping mine in a kitchen drawer, but they kept getting buried below other things and I forgot I had them. I put them on top of the fridge for awhile, but they were getting a bit dusty! Today I decided to do something about my menu "problem" and create something to keep them neat and accessible. Once I figured out what I wanted to do, the entire craft took just 5 minutes, so this is definitely a quick one!



What you need...

  • old folder
  • magnets with clips
  • pretty scrapbook paper
  • monogram cardstock stickers


What to do...

  1. Cut off the pocket part of an old folder. Make sure it's sturdy enough to hold your menus. Use some tape on the edges to reinforce them if you need to. (You could also make a pocket out of heavy cardstock if you had it!)
  2. Now is the fun part...decorating! I cut a piece of light blue scrapbook paper to the size of the folder pocket and glued it on the front. Then I stuck on some monogram cardstock stickers and voila! I had a pretty little pocket for my menus.
  3. Use magnets with clips to clip the back of the pocket and stick it to the fridge. Now fill it with your favorite takeout menus and enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment